Renting a Home
Homeowner/Property Management Responsibilities
- Make sure the yearly rental license of $55 is up to date and paid for.
- A rental inspection of $55 has to be paid for, scheduled and passed, before each tenant’s move in date. If the inspection fails, a reinspection of $80 has to be paid for and scheduled. This continues until the inspection passes
- If applicable, all previous tenants’ water and sewer balances have to be paid.
- This is homeowner or property management responsibility only, and must be done before any inspection is completed and the new tenant(s) moved in.
- A Rental Unit Lease Addendum should be filled out and then signed by all tenants 18 and older. If a Water form is required, fill this out as well. This can be done either online or picked up in the office with the Addendum. These forms are to be given to the tenant(s) so that they can upload the documents with their application.
- At lease signing, make sure to receive the Addendum and, if required, the Water form; unless homeowner/manager completes and submits online
- Fill out the Utility Application either on the Town’s website, (link here), or in Town hall via iPad.
- Customer’s I.D., Addendum, and Water form, if applicable, is required.
- A deposit of $225 will need to be paid at Town hall in cash, check, or money order. This can also be dropped off in our brown box in front of Town hall, after hours, via check or money order only.