Smyrna Museum

The Smyrna Museum Complex is owned and operated by the Duck Creek Historical Society. The main building is formerly known as The Barracks, and was donated to the Historical Society in 1981. Since that time, the Duck Creek Historical Society has sought to rehabilitate the structure in order to show the changing architectural styles. Most of the furnishings give evidence of the changing social periods from early Federal to late Victorian and are on loan to the Society by members of the Smyrna community. The Historical Society gained possession of the Plank House, which is now located behind the museum. The Plank House is completely restored and is one of the finest examples of a local structure from the early 1700s. Admission and exhibits are free.

Contact Us

Duck Creek Historical Society

Phone: (302) 653 - 1320 

Email: DCHS302@gmail.com

Address

11 South Main St, Smyrna, DE 

Hours

Open Saturdays 10am - 1pm for visitors; for appointments or other days please call